Saturday, April 10, 2010

Publix Shopping Trip - Gotta love getting more for less

Since it was raining on Thursday and I didn't want to tackle a Publix shopping trip with my 11 month old in the rain, the whole family headed out for a day savings today.  I got quite few items for free or next to nothing so it was a pretty good trip.  Here's what I saved...

Shelf Cost:  $134.45 (what I would have paid without sales or coupons)
Total Savings: $81.63
Amount Paid:  $63.60
Percent Saved:  56%

My best deals of the trip:
Snuggle Fabric Softner: $3.89 - $3 off Manuf Coupon - $0.55 Store Coupon = $0.34
Immmaculate Baking Refrig Cookies:  $3.09 - $1.54 BOGO Sale - $1 off Store Coupon = $0.55
Sun Chips:  $3.79 - $3.79 Free Bag of Chips Manuf Coupon (think I got this from joining their facebook page) = FREE
Kashi Cereal: $3.79 - $3.79 Free Kashi Cereal from VocalPoint.com = FREE
Coffee Mate Creamer: $2.00 - $1.00 BOGO Sale - $1.00 from doubling a $0.50 coupon = FREE (got three different flavors since I had three coupons that made them free)
Reusable Publix Bag:  $0.99 - $0.99 Store Coupon wyb 2 Kashi products = FREE
Craisins:  $2.35 - $1.17 BOGO Sale - $1.00 Manuf Coupon = $0.17  (had two coupons so I got two packages at $0.17 each)
Large Lysol Wipes:  $5.49 - $2.74 BOGO Sale - $1.00 Manuf Coupon = $1.75 (not bad for wipes)

I wasn't able to get my free Scrubbing Bubbles Starter Kit that I had posted about earlier.  They were out of them, of course, since every other couponer in town is after the same free bottle of cleaner!  I just hope my coupons don't expire before I can grab a bottle!

Outside of the purchase above, I also bought a $50 BP gas card for $40 with coupon from the weekly ad.  I just had to purchase $25 worth of groceries (before coupons).  We always purchase these gift cards for gas whenever they have these deals.  You can't beat getting 20% off gas for you car!

Besides a few fruit and veggies and milk, there was nothing I bought that I didn't buy on sale and use a coupon for.  Once you start stockpiling a little and get the hang of this, your shopping trips will be the same way.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see that Scotch Guard pet hair remover tool on clearance there? It was on sale for $4.99 (reg 9.99) and there was a $4 coupon in the Sunday paper.

    ReplyDelete