Sunday, March 28, 2010

Big Publix Shopping Trip...a lot spent...more saved!!!

I hit Publix today for a big shopping trip.  You can't even see what all I bought in the picture I had to pile it so high!  I usually spend $60 or less at Publix but today I spent $107.90!  I found a bunch of Pullups on sale and I have a Publix rebate to send in for them!  My daughter is potty trained but she still wears Pullups at night and I usually put one on her if we're going to be out running errands for a long period time.  You know how three year olds are, when they've got to go, they've got to go now!  I would rather change a Pullup then have her pee in the floor of Bi-Lo because we couldn't make it to the bathroom in time!  There were a bunch of sales and I had coupons for them all so I knew I was going to spend more then usual when I was planning my trip.  I did have a couple of rain checks to use also.  My totals where...

Shelf Cost: $242.74  (shelf cost is the price I would have paid given no sales or coupons)
Amount Spent:  $107.90
Coupon Savings: $50.95
Sale Savings:  $83.89
Percent Saved:  56%

So even though I spent a lot, I saved a lot and got more then I could fit in a shopping cart.  Here's what I got...

5-Ore-Ida Steam n Mash Potatoes (If you haven't tried these, you should!  So easy and yummy!)
Big Pack Sparkle Paper Towels
2-Quilted Northern Bath Tissue
4 Pkg Shredded Cheese
2-Steamfresh Froze Veggies
Breyer's Ice Cream
Feta Cheese
Greek Yogurt
5-pkgs Pullups
Sour Cream
Mega refill pack Huggies wipes
4-50oz bottle All detergent
2-Welch's Grape Juice
2-boxes Gallon Freezer bags
2-Capri Sun Drink boxes
2-Classico Sauces
Pita Chips
3-Hunt's Canned Tomatoes
4-Rotel
5-cans Swanson Chicken Broth
2-boxes Cheerios
Cooler bag
Nutragrain bars
Triscuits
2-Sabar Hummus
Dove Chocolate pieces
Publix wheat bread
Eggs
Baby Spinach
Large Stawberries
Angel Food Cake

So the Angle Food Cake wasn't on sale but I needed something to pile all those stawberries on!  Do you think all of that was worth $100?  If I had just purchased all the Pullups and baby wipes not on sale and without coupons, I would have spent around $68!  So I hope this helps you see what is possible when you become a smart shopper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment